George III, Birmingham, Foundation of Christchurch 1805, bronze medal by T Webb
Rev: view of Christchurch
References: BHM 601; E -; Taylor 65a
Notes: The church was in central Birmingham at the junction of Colmore Row and New Street but was demolished in 1899. Contrary to the medal legend, the foundation stone was laid on 22 July 1805 by the Earl of Dartmouth (George III being detained by illness).